Seven Creative Ways to Say Thank You
Friday, December 7, 2018
By Jewelers Mutual Insurance Group
Gracias, grazie, thank you. No matter how you say it, "thank you" is one of the most important things you can say to a customer to build lasting relationships in business.
It’s such a simple gesture but it makes a lasting impression. Strengthen your customer relationships and build loyalty by remembering to check up after the sale and always say thank you.
When is the last time you reached out to thank your customers? Something more than a “Thanks for Shopping With Us” sign on your door.
Jewelry businesses that focus on creating meaningful customer experiences are able to compete on loyalty and word-of-mouth.
According to Shopify Inc., 68% of businesses have lost a customer because they feel a company is indifferent to them. Nearly half of US consumers say appreciation for them as a customer is an indispensable part of providing excellent service.
A little thank you can go a long way. Here are seven creative ways to say thank you after a sale.
- Handwritten thank you notes. What makes handwritten thank you notes so special is they are a lost art. It’s easy to send a quick email but a handwritten note shows you took the time and truly appreciate their business.
Use nice stationary or cards that are unique to your brand and personalize by using the customer’s name.
- Include a little something in the package. Add something small to an order that’s being mailed or at the point-of-sale. It’s cost-effective and adds a little something extra to delight your customer. It’s also a great way to add value to their purchase with how-to manuals, etc. Jewelers Mutual offers the perfect inserts at no cost to jewelers.
The Pearls of Wisdom brochure provides valuable information on keeping jewelry safe, clean and protected. They also offer a brochure containing information about personal jewelry insurance for those treasured pieces.
- Provide a free gift. Everyone loves a free sample. Add a small jar of jewelry cleaner or a cleaning cloth with purchase as a great way to say thank you.
- Offer a discount on next purchase. Reward loyal customers with discounts and coupons toward their next purchase. This is a great way to keep them coming back while thanking them for being a customer.
Be sure to make the discount cost-effective to your customer as well as your businesses bottom line.
- Give a charitable gift. A charitable donation in the name of a loyal customer can go a long way. It’s a way to show you value their business and make the world a better place at the same time.
- Hold an open house. Say thank you to your customers by inviting them to an “exclusive” open house just for them. Offer special discounts and provide snacks, beverages and a little background music while they shop.
- Share sneak peeks. Everyone loves to feel like they have the inside scoop. Let your customers view your newest inventory before the general public and promote it as such. Maybe add the sneak peek as part of the open house.
There are so many creative ways to say thank you. Remember to be personal, thoughtful and genuine and you’ll be sure to create a lasting impression and keep customers for life.
Another great way to say thank you is by extending service after the sale. Jewelers Mutual has several premium service jeweler programs to support store owners with that very thing. These programs are a great way to grow your business and enhance the overall customer experience.