The Fourth Edition contains information and addresses developments in the jewelry industry and appraisal profession. It’s a must-own guide for those in the jewelry industry and essential for appraisers.
First published in 1981, this is still the definitive guide for professionally appraising jewelry.
Gemological knowledge is not all that is required in appraising jewelry. This book introduces the reader to the methodologies of appraising and setting up a professional appraisal service.
IMPORTANT! Please send all questions about the book, including pricing and ordering information to Cos at email@example.com.
By clicking the button below, you will be taken to a third-party site run by his team.
- The different types of appraisals and the many fields they apply to
- How to protect yourself when accepting jewelry to be appraised
- How to evaluate synthetic and treated gemstones
- What to charge for appraisals
- Fair market value
- Mediation and arbitration
- How to be an expert witness
- Provenance and chain of custody
- Sample appraisals, contracts and forms
Price $149.99 plus shipping