American Gem Society
Do you love creating exceptional event experiences? Do you believe little wows add up? American Gem Society (AGS), a leading nonprofit trade organization in the jewelry industry, is currently searching for an Experience Manager. This team member will use his or her talents to execute the AGS portfolio of events, which serve as touchpoints for our members and the industry. Reporting to the Director of Membership Strategy and Experience, the Experience Manager is responsible for all aspects of the annual operating plans relating to events and education-related programming.
The successful candidate must have a professional, friendly, and helpful demeanor, and be a self-starter. The position operates in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment with varied priorities and responsibilities. Previous event planning experience is a must!
To truly excel in this role:
- You have a focus on keeping projects and people organized and moving towards a common goal/deadline while also maintaining standards and best practices
- You regularly utilize strong professional judgment while calling upon diplomatic skills (both internally and externally)
- You are comfortable speaking in front of staff, members, volunteers, etc.
- You have strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- You have strong organizational skills, attention to detail, follow-through, and the ability to multi-task
- You have experience leading project teams
- You are a quick learner who isn’t afraid of technology and quickly picks up new software and systems
- You are able to work independently, manage groups of volunteers and coworkers, and establish/meet deadlines
- Work with Director of Membership Strategy & Experience to develop goals and action plans for events, programs, and sales
- Recommend new in-person, virtual and hybrid models, and work to identify new revenue opportunities
- Research and identify diverse, relevant paid and non-paid speakers
- Develop relationships across the membership to understand learning opportunities and identify subject matter experts
- Manage strategy of all events, programs, and sales touchpoints maps and campaigns
- Oversee creation of marketing collateral and communications that support events, programs, and sales as well as executes special projects as needed
- Responsible for assigned team and project-based decisions. Researches policies/solutions and reports to Director of Membership Strategy & Experience concerning various projects
- Liaison for all Board committees, subcommittees, and task forces managed within the events, programs, and sales sector
- Manages internal team, including onboarding/training, annual performance and salary reviews, etc., with assistance of Director of Membership Strategy & Experience
- Other duties as needed
Events, Programs, and Sales Responsibilities:
- Primary decision maker for all events, programs, seminars and sales of Society, and manages the execution thereof
- Primary point of contact for all relevant vendors
- Works with cross-departmental teams in the execution of all aspects of events, programs, and sales through delegation and project management
- Manages all Society sales initiatives including targeted memberships, registrations, sponsorships, advertising, scholarships, etc.
- Proactively seeks to innovate events, programs, and sales through new or enhanced experiences
- Works closely with the Database Administrator to ensure the correctness of data relating to events, programs, and sales
- Represents the Society during events, programs, and sales opportunities
- Support strategic plan implementation, as needed
- Budget and strategic planning
- Risk management planning
- Event site design and management
- Excellent communication skills, including writing and proofreading skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and programs, with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism
- Excellent customer service skills and high expectations for quality
- Proficient with the latest version of MS Office and databases
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required in business, communications, hospitality management, marketing, or public relations
- 5-7 years of directly applicable experience in the event/meeting planning industry required, preferably education conference planning
- 3-5 years event staff supervision experience required
- CMP or related designation, or relevant experience required
We are a team of passionate, inspired, empowered association professionals. With teamwork at our core, we make a difference by serving our members and clients to the best of our abilities every day. We believe our people are our greatest assets, so we attract and retain employees with our competitive compensation and benefits package, not to mention a great work environment.
We offer a competitive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as short-term and long-term disability and employer-matched 401(k). Our regular work schedule is 37.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday. With this position, some overtime and weekend work will be required.
The American Gem Society is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected categories.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org