Today, there are more choices than ever when it comes to engagement rings. It’s easier than ever to find unique options that suit you and your intended’s style. Let’s step outside the ring box and look at some new trending engagement ring designs featuring fresh takes on color, size, and shape.
Once upon a time, diamonds dominated bridal jewelry trends. And while a diamond is still a classic and beautiful choice, look for colorful gemstones if you prefer something different. Sapphires, emeralds, aquamarines—there are endless options.
Diamonds are available in various colors, which makes for unique bridal choices. Colored diamonds, known as “fancy” diamonds, include popular hues like yellow, pink, and brown.
Engagement rings that feature two stones are another growing bridal jewelry trend. The gems can be a combination of diamonds with other gemstones or two diamonds, perhaps in different shapes. Wrap-around designs and couples’ rings with two birthstones are some ideas to consider.
Engagement rings are taking on different shapes, with heavier bands and a generally chunkier look, often taking cues from what were formerly only masculine options. Simple bands with gems set into the band are popular and practical for active lifestyles.
If you choose a diamond solitaire for your engagement ring, you have many options to suit your style. There are a variety of diamond shapes available, with these being the most popular:
- Round: This is the classic shape of diamonds, and for good reason—a round cut shows the diamond off brilliantly.
- Princess: A very popular choice, a princess cut diamond has a square shape and pointed corners.
- Oval: Very similar to round, oval diamonds offer a different take on a round shape diamond.
- Cushion: The cushion diamond is similar to princess, but with rounded corners as opposed to pointed.
- Emerald: An emerald-cut diamond has a long, rectangular shape.
- Marquise: These distinctive diamonds are elongated, often referred to as a football shape.
- Pear: A pear-shaped diamond is a unique look for a solitaire and can make your diamond seem larger than its actual size.
These are just a few engagement ring trends for 2022.
Find an AGS Jeweler
Bridal jewelry trends are constantly changing, but a beautifully cut diamond or gemstone will always be in style.
If you’re ready to purchase an engagement ring, working with an American Gem Society (AGS) jeweler is a wise choice. AGS jewelers are committed to consumer protection and armed with extensive knowledge about diamonds and gemstones. As a result, they can help you feel confident in your purchase. Find an AGS jeweler near you.