We’re hearing good things about the renaissance that Oklahoma City, OK has undergone, and the rich activities this beautiful city offers. So, we reached out to a member of the AGS International Board of Directors, Mitchell Clark, CG, and asked him and his team at BC Clark Jewelers in OKC for their advice on where to go and what to do. They gave us an extensive list with a short review of each!
Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon – April 24
The Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon is a Boston qualifying USATF sanctioned event on a certified 26.2-mile single-loop course. It’s been rated one of 12 “must-run” marathons by Runner’s World magazine. The race ends at Scissortail Park near the Omni Oklahoma City Hotel (Conclave HQ).
Festival of the Arts – April 19-24 (ends at 6:00 p.m. on Sunday)
The Festival of the Arts is a community celebration of the visual and performing arts, bringing a variety of talented artists together in downtown OKC’s Bicentennial Park. The event consists of food, art on display, and live entertainment.
OKC Dodgers – April 26, 27, 28, 29
Watch the LA Dodgers Triple-A affiliate play against the Sugar Land Space Cowboys (Houston Astros affiliate) in Bricktown Ballpark, within walking distance of the Omni Hotel.
Things to Do
- OKC National Memorial
- Oklahoma Contemporary Arts Center
- OKC Museum of Art
- OKC Riversports Complex – Exciting outdoor adventures like whitewater rafting, adventure courses, zip lines, water rentals, Olympic training boathouse.
- National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum
- First Americans Museum (New)
- Udander (downtown day spa)
- Wheeler Park – Home to the historic Santa Monica Pier Ferris Wheel, walking trails, and a perfect skyline view.
To see these awesome locations on a map, click here!
- Bricktown – Lots of fun activities, music, bars, restaurants. It is your one-stop-shop for all things OKC. Movie theater, bowling alley, and arcades (HayDay entertainment and BrickOpolis), clubs and bars for dancing, live music, dueling piano bar, comedy club, and plenty of great restaurants all accessible via walking or streetcar.
- Film Row – Lots of great brewery and wine rooms, restaurants, music, and fun bars with activities. All walking distance from Omni.
- Midtown – Accessible by streetcar, this district is full of bars, restaurants, bowling, fun local shops, two great homestyle ice cream parlors, breakout games, and more!
- Paseo District – Arts district with really colorful Spanish architecture, Art, Unique Shops, and Unique restaurants. Several different styles of food and all really good. You will have to uber, but once there you can walk around this fun district.
- Plaza – Not far but would require an Uber. This is the fun and hip music district. Lots of great restaurants, some with live music.
There is an abundance of dining choices in OKC! Check out the list below or learn more at visitokc.com/restaurants.
Mahogany Prime Steakhouse – Local Oklahoma City Prime Steakhouse is known for its supreme cuts of meat, fresh seafood, and unique cocktails. Walking distance from the Omni.
Jones Assembly – Walking distance from Omni or a short Uber ride. Great indoor/outdoor bar, live music some days, great food for breakfast, lunch, dinner. Really fun and unique atmosphere.
FlashBack Retro Pub – Located in Film Row and within walking distance from Omni or a short Uber ride. Also down the street from Jones Assembly. It is a bar with free retro arcade games that are all free when you are drinking or a small cover charge. Super fun, especially for a group of people.
Social Capital – On the other side of Scissortail Park across from the Omni. Great bar with food options. Very hip and unique with a view of OKC.
Old Spaghetti Factory – Located in Bricktown and accessible via streetcar. Great Italian food with a really cool setup. Two stories with a bar and outdoor patio up top.
Halls Pizza Kitchen – Located in Midtown and accessible via streetcar. A great local pizza place with pizza by the slice or whole pizzas for a group.
Parlor – In the Downtown Oklahoma City area, it’s a food hall with lots of great options all in one place. They are all local restaurants. It also has two great bars with a rooftop outdoor space.
Collective – In Midtown and accessible via streetcar. A really great food hall and bar. All local restaurants and walking distance to lots of other things to do including bowling and a brewery.
Fassler Hall – In Midtown and accessible via streetcar. A great German-style beer hall and restaurant. Great for big groups because inside and outside there is so much room as well as ping pong tables and other outdoor games.
Dust Bowl – In Midtown and accessible via streetcar. Dust Bowl is located down below Fassler hall. It has a great bar and Retro style bowling lanes. Very fun and close to lots of other things in Midtown.
Barrios – In Midtown and accessible via streetcar. A unique Mexican restaurant with a fun atmosphere.
1492 – In Midtown and accessible via streetcar. Great Mexican/Latin food.
Bricktown Brewery – In Bricktown and accessible via streetcar. Great restaurants and bars with lots of options for different kinds of food. In addition, they offer lots of local beers on tap.
Bar Aboda – In Main Street Downtown. Great for a small group, really cool and unique drinks and atmosphere.
Angry Scotsman Brewery – Walking distance from Omni. Local brewery with an outdoor area.
Vast – Walking distance from the Omni. A nice restaurant overlooking Downtown Oklahoma City at the top of the Devon Tower.
Cafe Cuvee / O Bar – In Midtown and accessible via streetcar. Cosmopolitan bar/eatery in the Ambassador Hotel serving locally sourced, globally-inspired dishes.
Stella – In Midtown and accessible via streetcar. Cute and trendy local Italian restaurant.
Jimmy B’s OKC – In Downtown and accessible via streetcar. Upscale spot serving international fare and craft cocktails in a rustic-chic dining room with a patio.
Rendezvous Pizza Kitchen – In Bricktown and accessible via streetcar. Great NY and Detroit-style pizza. Pizza by the slice with daily specials. It is inexpensive but really good. They also have a great bar inside and other options besides pizza.