The Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP)
Come to Conclave early and take the Personal Property course of the The Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP). This course will be offered April 6-7, 2019, hosted by AGS appraiser David Rotenberg, Emeritus CGA, and taught by AGS Independent Certified Gemologist Appraiser, Mona Miller, ICGA.
The USPAP is the generally recognized ethical and performance standards for the appraisal profession in the United States. USPAP was adopted by Congress in 1989, and contains standards for all types of appraisal services. Compliance is required for state-licensed and state-certified appraisers involved in federally-related real estate transactions, and now, personal property as well. USPAP is updated every two years so that appraisers have the information they need to deliver unbiased and thoughtful opinions of value.
To become a real property appraiser in the United States, appraisers must take the 15-Hour National USPAP Course (or its equivalent).
Open to both AGS members and non-members, this course is a must-attend because:
- USPAP compliance is required for any IRS appraisal report over $20,000
- It will expand your appraisal report writing knowledge
- You will learn consistency in appraisal reports
- You will learn about Type of Values & Research techniques
- USPAP appraisal reports are more credible and accepted over non-USPAP appraisal reports
- It will enable you to acquire more advanced assignments = More revenue to you!
Price is $495 for the 15-Hour National USPAP course.
10% off for AGS members
10% off for AGS non-members that register by January 28, 2019
All cancellations prior to March 5, 2019 will be refundable, but will be subject to a $150.00 cancellation fee. All cancellations on, or after, March 5, 2019 will be non-refundable.
For more information on the course in April, please contact David Rotenberg, Emeritus CGA, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.