To become a Supplier Firm, a wholesale jewelry firm must demonstrate and must continue to demonstrate an ability to abide by the Standards of the Society and to prove a high standard of business ethics. The qualifications for admission to the Society as a Supplier Firm are as follows:
- The prospective member must submit a letter to the Membership Committee stating the specific reason for wishing to join the American Gem Society. This letter must include the following topics:
- The prospective member’s business policies;
- How the applicant will contribute to the American Gem Society in his/her capacity as a supplier firm member; and
- The benefits which the prospective firm member expects to receive as a result of their membership.
- The prospective member must have three (3) letters of recommendation from American Gem Society members.
- The firm must have an individual who has satisfied the requirements for the title of Registered Supplier, American Gem Society, either as an owner or principal employee and whose primary place of employment is with the Supplier Firm;
- The firm must have been in business for at least two full years or one full year if the owner is an affiliate member of the American Gem Society in good standing;
- The firm must manufacture or distribute fine jewelry, gemstones, or watches;
- The firm must sell and distribute solely in a wholesale manner to industry retailers and not to the general consuming public;
- The firm must be open fifty two (52) weeks per year or consistent with local business customs;
- The firm must possess a Binocular Microscope.
When all of the above requirements have been met, a supplier firm will be elected to AGS membership.
To learn more about membership, contact 866.805.6500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org