Now Accepting Nominations for the 2018 Shipley Award
Monday, September 11, 2017
Nominations Due by January 26, 2018
The American Gem Society is currently accepting nominations for the 2018 Robert M. Shipley Award. The criteria for this esteemed honor are listed below. If you are aware of a deserving AGS member, now is the time to submit his or her name for consideration.
The Robert M. Shipley Award is conferred for significant contribution to the science of gemology or for exemplifying the high purposes, objectives, and ideals of the American Gem Society in the member’s own community.
Please consider the following when nominating an individual:
- Nominee should be a current or past member of the American Gem Society.
- Nominee should have made specific accomplishments in gemology or be an exponent of the Society in the community.
- Nominee should have performed exemplary service for and on behalf of the American Gem Society.
- Nominee should have performed other industry service.
- Nominee should have commendable personal ideals and character.
Click here to download the nomination form. Thank you for your nomination!