AGS Laboratories: Diamond Grading Reports and so Much More!
Wednesday, June 21, 2017
AGS Laboratories is known throughout the industry as the leader in diamond grading reports that provide consistency and accuracy based on science. As your lab has grown over the years, we’ve become a full-service diamond grading laboratory, providing more than just diamond grading reports.
We are your one-stop diamond grading lab offering everything you need to support you and our industry. Here are two services your lab offers that you may not know about:
Natural Diamond Verification Service
AGS Laboratories Natural Diamond Verification Service offers a solution that will provide you with peace of mind while saving you time and money. Diamond testing equipment is costly, and it requires professionals who understand how to properly interpret the results. The AGS Laboratories Natural Diamond Verification Service provides:
- A team of diamond grading professionals, using state-of-the-art equipment, will verify if a diamond is natural
- HPHT testing to determine if your natural diamond has been treated so that you can properly disclose this important information to your clients
- Affordable fees that include a convenient credit card sized document to help you sell or resell with confidence
- Turnaround time designed to meet your needs
- Full grading services; if your diamond passes for natural, you have the option to receive a full grade and the Natural Diamond Verification Service fee is waived
Our laser inscription service uses PhotoScribe Laser Technologies® cold lasers, which eliminate the risk of damage to the diamond by operating at a wavelength that does not penetrate the diamond’s surface. An inscribed message is just another security measure one can take in order to protect a diamond and brand it.
Here are a few interesting facts about your laser inscription:
- Laser inscription does not damage the diamond
- Laser inscription does not change the color or clarity grade of a diamond
- Laser inscriptions are microscopic and can be viewed with a jeweler's 10x magnification loupe
- Laser inscriptions are permanent but can be removed by a professional diamond cutter
- The AGS Laboratories inscribes messages in English only
- For Round Brilliant cut diamonds, the largest area of the girdle is selected for the inscription