The American Gem Society (AGS) is seeking a passionate and dynamic individual to join our team as a Community Relations Coordinator in our Membership Department. As a Community Relations Coordinator, you will play a pivotal role in building strong relationships with our members, ensuring their satisfaction, and fostering a sense of community within the prestigious gem and jewelry industry.
Associations exist to establish strength and unity in working toward a common goal. At the heart of every association is its mission and vision, the essence of why it does what it does. The association management industry offers employment with purpose and allows you to work closely with and learn from professionals in all lines of business, from marketing and sales to budgeting and event planning, or the industry as a whole.
The AGS is a trade association that serves an enthusiastic community of fine jewelry retailers, designers, wholesalers/manufacturers, and service providers who work to instill consumer trust in the jewelry industry. The Community Relations Coordinator position is a full-time, exempt position encompassing member relations, member group services, events, and programs. The ideal candidate is passionate about working closely with a team to achieve common goals, is detail oriented, and is interested in applying creative thinking and innovation to their position. This position interacts heavily with executive management, marketing, and accounting teams, working closely under the supervision of the Director of Membership.
- Engage with AGS members, both new and existing, to provide exceptional support, guidance, and assistance.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for members to keep them informed about AGS updates, events, and opportunities as well as addressing their inquiries promptly and professionally using various communication channels.
- Responsible for creating, planning, and implementation of member groups programs and initiatives.
- Responsibilities include touchpoint map and campaign execution, project and timeline management, cross-departmental collaboration, metric reporting, registration/enrollment, and more.
- Assist in the execution of association events, programs, and initiatives, encompassing in-person and virtual conferences, trade shows, education events/classes, learning management system, course development, credential recertification exams, and scholarship funding.
- Assist in committee management, including organizing committee meetings, ensuring committee actions and decisions align with the organization’s mission and goals, execute committee initiatives, and report activities and recommendations to organizational leadership.
- Develop and implement strategies to enhance member engagement and retention.
- Act as a brand ambassador, representing AGS at industry conferences, trade shows, and events to promote membership and attract potential new members.
- Stay updated on industry trends, best practices, and advancements, as well as association activities, policies, and services, to provide relevant and valuable information to AGS members and respond to inquiries appropriately.
- Makes decisions on basic projects. Researches policies/solutions and reports to the Director of Membership concerning various projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required.
- Previous experience in membership management, customer service, events, or a related role is required.
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Knowledge of membership database programs is a plus.
- Comfortable speaking with members in person and on the phone.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build relationships and engage with diverse stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and multitasking abilities to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in using various communication platforms.
- Knowledge of the gem and jewelry industry is desirable but not mandatory.
- A genuine passion for providing outstanding service and cultivating a sense of community.
Joining the American Gem Society as Community Relations Coordinator offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the growth and success of a highly esteemed organization in the gem and jewelry industry. If you are dedicated, personable, and thrive in a member-focused environment, we invite you to apply. Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and why you believe you would be an excellent fit for this role.
We offer a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as short-term and long-term disability and company-matched 401(k) contributions. Our regular work schedule is 37.5 hours per week, Monday through Friday. We also offer a hybrid schedule. Some overtime and weekend travel will be required with this position.
AGS is an equal-opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other protected categories.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org