American Gem Society Laboratories
The American Gem Society Laboratories is hiring a Security/Operations Specialist. We are seeking an energetic and self-motivated individual with strong communication skills, to fill our full-time position working in a professional office environment.
- Monitors and reports any unsafe or suspicious acts. Monitors the safety and security of employees and visitors. Monitors and maintains the safety and security of employer and client assets, including monitoring for tampering
- Confirms authority of visitors prior to allowing building entry
- Observes departing personnel to guard against theft of employer/client property
- Monitors and examines the security of doors, windows, and gates for tampering/damage on a regular basis as assigned
- Prepares warnings to violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles
- Inspects equipment and machinery on a regular basis to ascertain if tampering or damage has occurred
- Sounds alarm or calls police or fire department in event of fire or presence of unauthorized persons
- Records and maintains data such as property damage, unusual occurrences, and theft
- Responds to alarm calls as needed during or outside of normal work schedule
- Maintains personal cell phone to receive calls and texts as needed
- Receives and inspects client property
- Ability to accurately count all assets that flow in/out of inventory control area
- Maintains the documentation of assets signed in/out of inventory control area
- Opens, inspects and verifies all package contents under camera surveillance and in the presence of a second security personnel
- Reports any discrepancies to the IT & Security
- Responds to employee requests in a timely and courteous manner
- Interacts in a professional and courteous manner with visitors, contractors, and vendors
- Able to create and update Word and Excel documents as assigned
- Planning and coordinating all upkeep and refurbishments of facilities to meet health and safety standards. Responsible for general upkeep and maintenance of facilities
- Accepts and takes responsibility for all other administrative duties as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional customer service and people skills
- First-aid, CPR, and AED certified (or ability to be certified)
- Knowledge of CCTV, access control, and computer-related security hardware/software
- Ability to lift and/or move more than 100 pounds as needed
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Proven experience working in an organized, methodical, deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to meet daily goals and deadlines in a timely manner
- Able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
Education and experience:
- An associate’s degree in criminal justice or police science preferred
- 2-3 years’ military experience or 2-3 years related security experience and/or training required
We are a team of passionate, inspired, empowered association professionals. With teamwork at our core, we make a difference by serving our members and clients to the best of our abilities every day. We believe our people are our greatest assets, so we attract and retain employees with our competitive compensation and benefits package, not to mention a great work environment.
We offer a competitive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as short-term and long-term disability and employer-matched 401(k). We offer the perfect blend of a work/life balance.
The American Gem Society Laboratories is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other protected categories.
Visit our website at www.americangemsociety.org for more information on our company.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Associate (Required)
- Security Related: 3 years (Required)
- Inventory control: 2 years (Preferred)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com