By Randi Molofsky
This article highlights some of our members' favorite places to go and things to see in their hometowns, as well a sneak peek at their newest designs. First up: Los Angeles, where Michael John Jewelry and OMI Privé are headquartered.
Michael Hezar, Michael John Jewelry
Michael's favorite Los Angeles…
- Restaurant: Nobu Malibu
- Museum: Getty Villa in Malibu
- Shopping: I like the new and up-and-coming designer brands available at Barneys.
- Weekend activity: My family and I live and breathe soccer and it pretty much occupies most of our time spent on the weekends. My wife, Atousa, and I have two boys and we are either at one of their tournaments, playing with them one-on-one or watching it together on TV.
- Day trip: I love to visit Santa Barbara for relaxing and taking trips up to Big Bear for skiing with the family.
We love Michael John’s creations for their bold silhouettes and fashion-forward designs. Some of the designer’s newest pieces include a major pink diamond ring perfect for the ultra-feminine bride and a set of rose-cut diamond pieces that have more than enough sparkle for a night on the town.
Michael John Jewelry 5.70 carat pink diamond ring in 18k rose gold.
Michael John Jewelry rose-cut and round diamond ring in 18k white gold
and 39.61 carat rose-cut diamond bracelet in 18k white gold.
Founders, designers and brothers Michael and John Hezar, of Michael John Jewelry (formerly known as Michael John IMAGE and Image Jewelry), share a common goal of creating timeless fashion. Inspired by nature, these brilliant designs are crafted into impeccable jewelry with exquisite quality, allowing Michael John Jewelry to meet, if not surpass their goal of embracing everlasting style in all of their pieces.
Niveet Nagpal, OMI Privé
Niveet's favorite Los Angeles…
- Restaurant: Madeo in West Hollywood
- Museum: La Brea Tar Pits
- Shopping: Santa Monica Place (and specifically Ted Baker)
- Weekend activity: Spending time with family
- Day trip: Laguna Beach
OMI Privé designs out-of-this-world colored stone jewelry in classic settings with a twist. New favorites include this stunning purple spinel ring with a surprising alexandrite halo, and an oval aquamarine set in unexpected rose gold.
OMI Privé spinel and alexandrite ring in 18k rose gold.
OMI Privé aquamarine and diamond ring in 18k rose gold.
The Omi Gems family dates back five generations to Burma in the early 1900s. Decades of wars and close escapes from political unrest followed. With a handful of gems, a brilliant outlook, and a clear mindset, Omi Nagpal and his loving wife, Preeti, came to the United States. There, they founded and built a loose gemstone house that over time became synonymous with the world’s most valuable jewels. Now, the Los Angeles-based company is led by Omi’s son, Niveet. As head designer, Niveet has continued the family’s reputation and high integrity through the Omi Privé fine jewelry collection.