The American Gem Society (AGS) is pleased to announce that ten of the nominees for the Women’s Jewelry Association (WJA) Awards for Excellence are in the AGS community. The annual Awards for Excellence gala bestows awards to female professionals in the jewelry and/or watch industries in the categories of design, manufacturer/dealer/supplier, retail, sales and merchandising, marketing and communications, editorial media, watches, and special services who have demonstrated significant achievements throughout their careers.
The WJA Awards for Excellence nominees affiliated with the AGS, either as a member or as belonging to a member firm, include:
- Gabriella Harvey, Gemfields – Manufacturer, Dealer, Supplier
- Anna Samsonova, CGA, Ben Bridge Jeweler – Merchandising and Product Development
- Pat Henneberry, Hearts On Fire – Business Services
- Jo-Ann Sperano, Jewelers Vigilance Committee – Business Services
- Lisa Bridge, CG, Ben Bridge Jeweler – Large-Scale Retail
- Alexis Padis, CGA, Padis Jewelry – Independent Retail
- Megan Whitmire, AGTA – Marketing and Communication
Additionally, a member of the American Gem Society’s team, Donna Jolly, RJ, was nominated for an Awards for Excellence in the Marketing and Communications category. Last but not least, two more honors go out to AGS members. Cecilia Gardner of the Jewelers Vigilance Committee will receive the Lifetime Achievement Award and Michael Pollak of Hyde Park Jewelers will receive the Ben Kaiser Award.
“We are so proud of all of our AGS nominees who are being honored by the Women’s Jewelry Association. Both the AGS and the WJA stand for integrity, ethics, and honesty. These individuals certainly embody those principals,” said Katherine Bodoh, RJ, CEO of the American Gem Society and AGS Laboratories. “Congratulations to our members and our own team member, Donna, and to Cecilia and Michael on their well-deserved recognition!”
The awards gala will take place on Monday, July 24, 2017, at Pier 60 on New York’s Chelsea Piers. To learn more about the gala or to buy tickets, please visit www.womensjewelryassociation.com.